Thursday, January 3, 2013

Book Review: Come Away With Me (With Me in Seattle #1)

Author: Kristen Probst
Pages: 324
Published: November 7, 2012

Summary: Being confronted on the beach by a sexy stranger wasn't part of Natalie Conner's plans for a peaceful morning taking photos. And why on earth would he think she's taking pictures of him, anyway? Who is he? One thing’s for sure, he’s hot, and incredibly romantic, feeding Natalie’s wounded soul.


Luke Williams just wants the world to give him a break, so seeing yet another camera aimed at his face has him ready to pounce on the beauty behind the lens. When he finds out she has no idea who he is, he's intrigued and more than a little tempted by her. Natalie has a body made for sex, a sassy mouth and Luke can’t get enough of her, but he’s not ready to tell her who he really his.

Natalie is a no nonsense girl who doesn’t do well with lies and secrets. What will happen to this new relationship when she discovers what Luke’s hiding? - Goodreads




Review:  
I want to mention that I read this book last December, and could not wait to get my little hands on, Fight With Me (With Me in Seattle #2).  So, before I give my review on Fight With Me (With Me in Seattle #2), I thought it'd be fitting if I talked about, Come Away With Me (With Me in Seattle #1) first.

First off, I have to get this out of the way.  How can you NOT recognize the male lead actor from an internationally known vampire-esque movie?!  I know he's (Luke) been out of the public eye for a few years, but I find that detail hard to accept.  In real life, if you put any hot-blooded woman within 30ft of Robert Pattinson, she would be able to recognize him in an instant!  Okay, with that out of the way, let's get down to business.  So, when Nat finds out who he is, she nearly goes ape-shit on him!  He technically didn't lie to her, but he definitely should have told her who he was.  Nat shouldn't have accused him of lying.  I don't get how she goes from 0-60 in 5 seconds!  That was a bit too much. 

Natalie, has a tragic past and is currently living her life looking for someone to love her.  When she meets Luke, not only does she lose all inhibition, but she looses herself too.  I love Natalie.  When she lost her parents, her best friend forever, Jules, and Jules's entire family accepted her into their family and made her one of theirs.  That storyline melted my little black heart, but also broke my heart.  After celebrating Nat's birthday, it made me want to be part of the Montgomery clan!  So, Luke.  Luke is the story's version of, Robert Pattinson.  He decided to quit acting after a terrible accident, and has been in hiding from the paparazzi since.  Luke's character finds himself falling in love with Nat, and the two of them start a relationship.  I found their relationship to blossom a bit too fast.  I wanted to see Luke court her, and work his way up.

There were definitely more pros than cons in this book.  Not only did Nat and Luke capture my heart, but the entire Montgomery & Williams family did as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment